Re: Porting help (passing arguments to a function).

Inderpreet Singh Baweja wrote:
Hi all,

I am porting some arch. To GDB and I have a question.
My arch when passing arguments to a function uses the register If the argument is less that 4 bytes in length and for rest of the Purposes it uses the stack to pass the arguments.

I have already done the unwind part.
But when displaying the frame arguments it always tries
To get then from the stack.
How an I tell GDB to get the arguments from the registers first and
Then the stack?

You mean you do something like:

	(gdb) list func
	func (a, b, c)
	(gdb) break func
	(gdb) run
	... breakpoint func (a = <memory>, b = <memory>, ...) ....

the parameter list and each members location is obtained using debug information, it sounds like the debug info is wrong. For stabs, check the .S file, for dwarf 2, check readelf.

Andrew