Re: gdb vs gdbserver

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

gdbserver host:1000 /usr/bin/vdr-dbg <arguments>
You are root so that it can open port 1000, right? :-)

Of course. And gdb also connects to port 1000, so this part seems to work.

You could give us some information about your target, system,
and version.

Target is i386 (Debian Sarge running kernel 2.4.27). I tried it with gdb version 6.1 and 6.3.

And the output of "set debug remote 1".

Ok, thats funny - with this option set it works. Without "set debug remote 1" the application "hangs". But I can disable it after starting the application and it continues to work. So at least this is something I can work with. It still
shows only the creation of the main thread, but "info threads" prints out all
eight threads and I can switch to each of it.

Tobias