gdb vs gdbserver

Hi!

These are my first steps with gdb, but I'm already stuck and need some kind of jump start. I would like to debug a multithreaded application (VDR), which works fine if I do this "directly" with gdb. Using gdbserver, only one thread is created and then everything stops.

What I'm doing is this:

gdbserver host:1000 /usr/bin/vdr-dbg <arguments>

on the same (target-)machine, just another terminal:

gdb /usr/bin/vdr-dbg

(gdb) target remote localhost:1000
Remote debugging using localhost:1000
0x40000c20 in ?? ()
(gdb) c
Continuing.
[New Thread 16384]

And that's it - no other thread is loaded. Running gdb directly works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong? What can I do to trace down the problem?

bye,

Tobias