Re: new option --readnever & script gstack?

> Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:34:22 -0500
> From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com>
>
> As the oposite to --readnow, I'd like to propose a new option
> --readnever (i.e., don't read in the symbolic debug inf).  That and a
> few lines of script should let GDB implemement a direct equivalent to
> pstack (called gstack say).

An alternative to this would be to have a --read=WHEN switch, which
could accept 3 arguments: `now', `asneeded' (the default), and
`never'.

However, I must admit that, like Mark, I don't see the situation where
this would be useful.  Could you perhaps describe such a situation,
and explain how the existance of the new option would help, including
the auxiliary script and the relation to `pstack'?