FW: Can we have the intl directory back?

I have to confess being thoroughly confused about what is meant by:

 GNU vs. NON-GNU systems; and in what way it's relevant?

As if the term "GNU system" is being used as a euphemism for Linux,
implying that decisions may become increasing biased toward Linux, it
would be most unfortunate; as regardless of one's philosophical views,
uniform support of GNU tools for all reasonably significant POSIX based
platforms and supported targets likely remain fundamentally significant
to the GNU project's continued long term success, and should not become
confused by any potential desire affect Linux's longer term success at
the expense of others (which I trust isn't the intent or case).

------ End of Forwarded Message (sent to wrong list initially)