Re: GDB doesn't show the correct line

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 13, 2004 at 09:50:00PM +0100, Otto Wyss wrote:
> > >
> > IMO it would be best if GDB would handle line separators equally as GCC.
> > So the behaviour would be consistent an easier understandable by the user.
>
> I think this behavior should be removed from GCC, personally.  But GCC
> isn't the only compiler used by GDB; if you play this sort of game with
> line endings, you're going to lose on some combination anyway.

Unfortunately we all don't live in an ideal world and have to care for
some wrong situations. A good product would at least complain if it
detects a situation which it can't handle correct. Therefore IMO GDB
should at least give a warning if different line endings are discovered.

O. Wyss

--
Development of frame buffer drivers: http://linux-fbdev.sf.net
Sample code snippets for wxWidgets: http://wxcode.sf.net