Re: Trimming the CVS "gdb" module

> Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 18:54:40 -0400
> From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
> Cc: kettenis@gnu.org, gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> Are there any current GNU systems that have this problem?

I don't know.  I was talking about non-GNU systems, since you said
that GNU systems always come with gettext.

> Are there any current non-GNU systems have this problem?

Any non-GNU system where there's no gettext installed would be
affected.  All the Unix and Windows boxes I'm working on are like
that.

> PS: Up to and including 6.2, GDB didn't even need intl/ yet it was
> bundling it.  It was an artifact inherited from the Cygnus tree.

Like I said, I'm not opposed to what you did if we intend to add it
back at some future date, when GDB will support gettext and message
catalogs.  What worries me is that it sounds like we intend to remove
the i18n stuff for good.