Checksum of downloaded code.

Hello Folks,
	I've downloaded code through remote stub on my
target.  Now just to check the integrity of code
downloaded, I would like to compare the checksums
computed from executable file's section data and the
actual target memory contents corresponding to that
section. Checksum of remote mem can be done by
implementing Additional GDB remote command or reading
target mem and doing checksum computation at the host
end.

I grep'ed thro' manual and google'd only to find that
there's not *simpler* way of doing this.  Does anyone
know of a better way to do this or some implementation
already doing this?  I found one utility named
elf32_checksum() but that's only for SUN OSes.

TIA.

Regards,
Atul P Talesara
Conscience cannot prevent one from committing the crime,
It can only prevent one from enjoying it!