Re: probing GDB for MI versions

> On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 03:09:58PM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> > If a current GDB were modified to list mi "versions" then it would only
> > print mi2, which is the version selected by -i=mi.  If your front end
> > specifies -i=mi1 then you're on your own - it's not tested - it doesn't
> > work.
>
> WHAT?!? This is what I have been asking all along? It was the foundation
> to this conversation. Where were you to inform everyone of this?

But I think that was the folks been saying.  If you choose a specific
version to start gdb in your front-end say, "-i=mi1" why do you care
later to know about "mi2" or "mix" ?

If you start with "-i=mi", it will be handy to know which mi level,
in this case the front-end can take appropriate action
or restart trying a known version "-i=mi1"

Am I missing something here ?
I'm curious to understand why you reject the others propositions as inadequate.

> Are you saying that old versions of MI are not supported by GDB? Only
> the last official release of the MI protocol is supported and that no
> other versions that it used to speak with are supported or tested?

how did you manage to come up with such conclusions ?

--
alain