Does GDB keeps a track for Instruction Cycles?

Hi,

I am new to this mailing list. I want your help to let me find answer to
the question 'whether GDB keeps a track for instruction cycles'.

Actually Debugging GDB was not productive enough because the points
where I made the search didn't have much to say. My search was local to
'mips' simulator.

I have looked into manual, 'Debugging with GDB' (to look for if there is
any command present), gdb internals. I got an initial impression that
GDB does not maintain records for instruction cycle.

Before proceeding any further, I thought of confirming this with gdb
mailing list.

If I am wrong and GDB keeps a track for instruction cycles then please
provide me the pointers in GDB source where it is implemented.

My curiosity about this implementation, which if exists, is that how it
is handling the extra instruction cycles caused due to breakpoints, etc.

Thanks in advance
Saurabh