Re: MI rules

On Wed, Sep 22, 2004 at 12:18:06PM -0400, Bob Rossi wrote:

> I wasn't being critical at all. Personally, I don't like the fact that
> Eclipse use's a hybrid approach to getting data out of GDB. I have not
> even started adding MI to CGDB because I've been working on GDB,
> bringing it up to the standards I need to get CGDB fully usable by only
> using MI. If others would follow this approach, I'm sure my life would
> have been a lot easier, and CGDB would have been far more along.

For what it's worth, Xcode (the IDE on MacOS X) uses something like
one non-MI command these days ("tty").  It's true that we've done a
lot of work on the MI side of gdb, but an example of an MI-only
(well, nearly so - there's no bonus points for having 100% MI usage
so we have that one command there) exists and has been shipping for
at least a few years now.  NB Xcode is gratis free, but not libre free,
i.e. not free software.