Re: debugger 6.2.1 misfeatures

> This is pretty easy to reproduce. I took a program that was looping
> for ever, and attached to it. The symbols where indeed not loaded.
> For instance, take attach.c from attach.exp, launch it, then use
> GDB to attach to it, and you'll see the problem.
>
> Interestingly, this seems to be solaris-specific, as the problem
> doesn't appear on x86-linux for instance.
>
> This shouldn't be very hard to fix. I'd rather continuing my work
> on the mips-irix port, but if nobody has taken ownership of this
> problem by tonight, I'll have a quick look.

On second thoughts, I decided not to look into this. I'm plenty busy
with the mips cleanup right now, and this issue is easily worked around
(use "file" command to get the symbols) while the mips debugger really
is badly broken.

I recommend that a PR be filed, and the problem be documented. Maybe
somebody else will find an hour or two to look into this.

--
Joel