Re: bdi2000 and gdb (newbie question)

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 11:18:29AM -0500, Mark Beckwith wrote:
> error when I do the "target remote" command.   Would this be possible?  If
> so I would like to volunteer.

That might be a limitation with the remote protocol. I don't think
there's any info in it declaring the architecture type.

> So I'm debugging just fine now out of ram.   However, when I set BREAKMODE
> HARD and try to step through flash, only one breakpoint gets hit, and then
> can't step or set another.  The documentation I've read states that the
> breakpoint will be cleared once it is hit, but that doesn't seem to be

What documentation? I've never seen it remove the breakpoint
permanently unless I delete it.

> happening.  Also the delete command doesn't seem to clear the hardware
> breakpoint.  I have to do a "ci" all the time from the bdi.  Any
> suggestions on working with hardware breakpoints?

Did you insert the breakpoint with gdb?

If you are running from RAM, you will probably have better success if
you use soft breakpoints.