Re: GDB/MI Output Syntax

> Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:46:20 -0400
> From: Michael Chastain <mec.gnu@mindspring.com>
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> Again I say, I want the printed grammar in gdb.texinfo to be as close as
> possible to something that a front-end writer can stick into bison and
> *use*.

The grammar should be indeed in the manual, abut there's nothing wrong
to have there several grammars (e.g., LALR(1) and LL(1)).  If that
gets too long, we can always make an appendix and put them there.

Note that the current ``grammar'' in the MI documentation, at least as
far as I'm concerned, is meant to be an informal introduction of the
MI syntax, not a rigurous grammar description.