gdb and older cygwins

Hi

We need to stay with a 2.95.3 cross compiled gcc. This versions has some
errors regarding line endings, especially macro continuers (#define \) are
not recognized if the source file has Windows CRLF endings. I tried to
compile it anew with a recent cygwin version (1.5.10) but I can't get over
with this error. For some reason it seems to work when compiled with
a much older cygwin version. As I also need a cross compiled gdb they
both need to rely on the same cygwin.dll. When trying to run a gdb
compiled with a new cygwin together with an old cygwin.dll I got
missing entry point errors. So I need to compile it with the older
cygwin environment.

Now to the real question: What are the requirements to the cygwin
environment to build an actual gdb? Is there a minimum version
required or will configure take care of it?

Thanks

bye  Fabi

PS: The other solution would be to fix the 2.95.3 source about this
CRLF bug. I looked into the gcc list but couldn't find simple patches,
I guess it needs a bigger change. If anyone has some hints about it...