Re: GDB/XMI (XML Machine Interface)

Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>:
> I would think it not very nice of the GDB team to set me loose
> on this patch, and then outright reject it. Where is the open source
> camaraderie?

I don't think any open source project can promise to accept a
patch before seeing it.  if you don't want to put effort into
that risk, then how about putting effort into a separate xmlgdb
wrapper.  if enough people use it, then it's easy to argue for
inclusion in the source tree, and perhaps making it an interp
module rather than a wrapper.

don't let the discussion discourage you if you're sure xml is the
right approach.  you can trump many arguments with working code
and a user base.