Re: GDB 6.2.1?

> >>What's left for this re-spin?
>
> The MIPS crasher bug is in though.  That's the critical one.

Actually, no, the crasher bug is still not fixed (it's the one
dealing with the size of long doubles). The patch that we checked in
was fixing "break main".

> >The first patch was under heavy discussion (about setting the right
> >floatformat). I am not where we're headed for this one as I don't have
> >the time to work on adding support for IRIX 128bit floats in GDB.
>
> I think it ended with a compromise of a 128-bit IRIX MIPS floatformat.
> I'd also like to know the original details on the crash.

OK, so I'll try to work on that asap and send a patch. I'll resend the
details of the crash.

> >The other one needs to be reworked because Andrew wanted to get some
> >reorg done before we looked into this. It's on my plate.
>
> I don't even remember what that one is.  Ah, yes, the backtrace fix,
> leave that for 6.3.

It fixes the backtrace problem, but the problem it fixes also influences
next/step.

> >What should we do? Push a bit on the resolution of the above 2 patches?
> >Or simply pull them in the branch as is, without having checked
> >something in head first (this is unorthodox)?
>
> (We've all learnt the hard way to not do this).

I agree. It's just I wasn't sure about what you meant in your message.

--
Joel