ser-win32.c (was Re: Compiling error)

>>So if I need a cross-target gdb (running on win32, debugging ppc) is
>>the MinGW variant the only one that works? I thought that there are
>>also cygwin versions of gdb... but maybe only win32-win32.
>>I found the sgtty.h, it's in the glibc, so it may work ok if I install that
>>as well. But I first try the MinGW one.
>
>So I tried (and fiddled a lot!) again with MSYS and MinGW and got
>a gdb.exe. But it has the same problems as the one I built with DJGPP.
>
>This is the official http://prdownloads.sf.net/mingw/gdb-5.2.1-1-src.tar.bz2,
>configured with --target=powerpc-elf32.
>
>GNU gdb 5.2.1
>Copyright 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
>welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions.
>Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
>There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
>This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-mingw32 --target=powerpc-elf32".
>Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
>.gdbinit:5: Error in sourced command file:
>No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
>
>(gdb) symbol-file n:/temp/ps2ism/ps2ism.x
>Reading symbols from n:/temp/ps2ism/ps2ism.x...unknown symbol type 0x1e...done.
>
>(gdb) target remote 127.0.0.1:10372
>127.0.0.1:10372: Bad file descriptor.
>
>So it doesn't seem to be able to read my binary (which the prebuilt gdb
>has no problems with) and network seems also disfunctional. How can
>I go on?

(Changing --target to powerpc-eabi didn't change anything btw)

After looking through the sources I found that serial/TCP connection
won't work when built with MinGW. Are there better chances if I build
it with cygwin? Or what would it take to create a "ser-win32.c"? I'm
only interested in network connection right now, and the socket stuff
is quite similar between unix and win32. Or has anybody already
created one?

Thanks

bye  Fabi