Re: Gdbserver + RH9

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:27:28AM -0400, Andrew Cagney wrote:
> You wrote:
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb/2004-03/msg00120.html
> >Anyway, let me take a stab at implementing it the way you described.
> >I still think it's overkill, but I may be able to work out a way to do
> >it.

I think it's fairly clear that my message is resignation, not
agreement. I was unable to persuade you to accept the simpler protocol
that I had tested, and since then I have not been able to work out a
practical way to implement the more complicated solution without
rewriting all of gdbserver.  Which I am not especially interested in
doing, and would not be able to test without adding fault injection to
GDB, since there is no reasonable way to interrupt a symbol lookup
anyway.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz