STL containers

All,

Is it possible to display a content of the STL containers by gdb?
I have a class with a member of type std::vector<std::valarray <double> >.
If I try to display the contents of the vector I see only the address of
the begin and the end of the vector. And what about the contents of the
valarrays?

If it is not possible is there any free debugger which allows this?

Thanks for help

Przem