RE: GDB Query

What I understand till now form your mails that u r debugging some
source code and want to understand the exact flow.

GDB is really nice to do this. Use DDD as a GUI for GDB, it will help u.
Put break point in main and in functions or lines which u suspect can be
part of flow. Use next/step (to go inside functions) commands

Try this; this will help u a lot. Try up and down during debugging, it
will show flow. By doing this u can find more places to put breakpoints.
Preferably use 'step' command and go inside functions, it will show u
the full flow.

Try this and tell me status or any problem if u face.

Cheers
Monika