Re: Breakpoints in the library code

Once the dll is loaded (ie. you've run to main() or dlopen()ed), you can just set a breakpoint as you normally would. If gdb can find the shared library, it will read the symbols when it detects that it has been loaded. (if auto-solib-add is set) Newer versions of gdb also have the concept of a deferred breakpoint where gdb will ask if you want to make a breakpoint pending on a future library load.

cheers,

Kris

Roland Zerek wrote:

Hi,

I'm developing wxWidgets based applications on MinGW (gcc-3.4.0). And I would like to set a breakpoint inside some method that is implemented in the library (DLL). How do I do this?

I am trying to use command line gdb currently since I see that a frontend (MinGW Developer Studio) does not handle everything correctly what makes debugging difficult or impossible.

TIA