Re: PROPOSAL: removing src/expect

Alexandre Oliva <aoliva@redhat.com> writes:

On Jun 15, 2004, Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> wrote:

And on the other side, I have repeatedly been burnt by systems with
tcl/expect headers installed globally which are incompatible with the
stuff in /cvs/src.  I'd be much happier if tcl/tk/expect were all
three removed from src.

My point is that you don't have to check them out if you don't want to. If it's just there for those who need it, it can't possibly hurt.

It is surprisingly difficult to check out gdb without getting tcl/tk
as well.  This is probably nothing to do with Ben, though.

While it's nothing to do with Ben, it's also nothing to do with GDB. `cvs -d ... co gdb` doesn't checkout expect/tcl/tk, for that you need to explicitly specify gdb+dejagnu.

(Part of the fallout from this change will be dropping the +dejagnu from GDB).