Re: List command question

> As others pointed out, the above is correct.  It found debug information
> for ``entry-point'' and then tried to use it.  Only to barf because the
> the corresponding source files were not installed.  There's not much GDB
> can do when a user's program contains debug info but is missing the
> corresponding source.
>
> What happens if you enter:
>
> 	(gdb) list main
>
> Andrew

I get no line number known for main...

manjo@nefertiti:~/tests> gdb64 hellow1
GNU gdb 6.1
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc64-suse-linux"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib64/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) list
1       ../sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/elf/start.S: No such file or
directory.
        in ../sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/elf/start.S
(gdb) list main
No line number known for main.
(gdb)

But for a C program I get the following...

manjo@nefertiti:~/tests> gdb64 ./test1
GNU gdb 6.1
are
conditions.
details.
This GDB was configured as "ppc64-suse-linux"...Using host libthread_db
library "/lib64/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) list main
1       #include <stdio.h>
2