GDB interaction with sigwait under Redhat 9.0

I recently submitted PR threads/1641 concerning a problem we seem to
be having with Redhat 9.0 (Linux ... 2.4.21-9.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jan 8
17:08:56 EST 2004 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux).  It appears that on that
system, there is a new, malign interaction of sigwait in the inferior
with ptrace.  First, GDB (head version from about mid-April), no
longer sees signals sent to an inferior that is waiting on sigwait.  Second,
GDB's manipulation with the inferior causes sigwaits (at least on
pthreaded programs) to continue with a non-zero status code (EINTR to
be precise).  Does anyone know anything about this rather drastic change
in sigwait's behavior?   I intend to submit a GNU/Linux bug report, unless
someone knows a good reason for this new (apparently undocumented) spec.

Thanks.

Paul Hilfinger
Ada Core Technologies, Inc.