backtrace

Hi All,
         Where can i find the functions need for backtrace(implemetation),
which present implemetation is simplest to start with?

Q2:  My target has hardware stack(where it pushes the return address at
CALL)(it does not pushes the return address on software stack), now we have
two stack one software stack and onther hardware stack.

so how do i implement "next", it reuires the return address at either
register or frame(which is not possible) even with modified prologue.

Any oone faced this problem,  any suggestions?

Regards
Vineet