Re: Retire the MPW support from toplevel and binutils

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:45:44 -0800
From: Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com>

GNU support for MPW (Macintosh Programmer's Workshop) stopped working
some years ago, and has long since been flushed from GCC and GDB. So
I'm going to save everybody some disk space and remove the support bits
from the rest of src/, starting with this patch to the top level,
preapproved by DJ. (If a binutils maintainer would like to preapprove
the necessary binutils patches, that would be efficient.)

Stan

2004-03-24 Stan Shebs <shebs@apple.com>

       Remove MPW support, no longer used.
       * mpw-README, mpw-build.in, mpw-config.in, mpw-configure,
       mpw-install: Remove files.
       * src-release (DEVO_SUPPORT): Remove names of removed files.
       * MAINTAINERS: Likewise.

I think we need to update gdb/NEWS to say that MPW is removed, unless some previous GDB release already said that.

NEWS says it came out of GDB in 5.2; I'm just GCing the bits not
associated with any particular program.

Stan