Re: pie stuff

Stan Shebs writes:
 > Elena Zannoni wrote:
 >
 > >A heads up, I am going to start committing pie support to my old
 > >branch (which I am bringing up to date) in a few hours.  I will then
 > >merge it piecemeal to mainline. It's not that much code. More details
 > >later.
 > >
 > I must not have gotten the memo - what's pie? (yeah, yeah, filled pastry
 > that one eats :-) )
 >
 > Stan

exactly, next will be gdb brewing your own tea. Tea, earl grey,
hot. An appetizing combinations. And who says we never think about the
comfort of the poor users?

It's position independent executables. Your main exec is just like a
shared library. Every time you run it you get a different start
address. Not fun, I can tell you. gcc -fpie -pie -g -o blah blah.c

elena