gdb signals

Hi All,
             I want to know what are the role of signals in gdb simulator
with simulator( i mean in there interfaces gdb and simulator). And how do i
configure the various configrable parts of gdb. Any documnet for that?

I have integerated my new simulator with gdb but before exectuions starts in
my simulator it carshes saying

(gdb) load test.o
Start address 0x0
Transfer rate: 128 bits in <1 sec.
(gdb) run test.o

Starting program:  test.o

	Program received signal 0, Signal 0.
	0x00000000 in _main ()

ANd i have debugged , it is not reaching the simulator. It crashes in the
handle_inferior_event() in the following lines

if (signal_print[stop_signal])
    	{
    	  printed = 1;
    	  target_terminal_ours_for_output ();
    	  print_stop_reason (SIGNAL_RECEIVED, stop_signal);
    	}

What is the dependency of these on signals?

Any help or suggestion would be of great help.

Regards
Vineet