Re: Pending breakpoints and scripts

>I'd rather not reverse the question.  We could check from_tty at the
>call site, and not set pending breakpoints if no tty...

Why?

Well, how would you word it?  It makes more intuitive sense to me to
answer 'y' to create something special and 'n' to do nothing, than the
other way around.

Something like:

"Discard breakpoint, rather than mark it pending?"

is a guess.

The real problem here is with batch scripts, the change breaks existing script behavior (which is never a good thing).

How about this, we introduce:
nquery()
yquery()
where the default (batch mode, and when return is pressed is n/y respectively). We'd need the language police to look over the interface but should otherwize be ok.

Andrew

PS: There's a GUI bug here also. The query doesn't contain the error message (cf my recent change to internal-error where I made certain each query contained the full context of the question).