Re: stepping thru assembled files that are referenced as temp files ie: /tmp/ccjirvvY.s

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 12:23:02AM -0500, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Teach the assembler to respect cpp line directives, like old fashioned
> > cc1 knew how to do?
>
> For what it's worth, gas understands # LINE-NUMBER "FILENAME".  This
> is generated by gcc -E.

So it does - I would have sworn that it didn't.

I guess the question remains why so many people report that the
temporary files show up when using GDB.  Perhaps I need to take another
look at the problem; I know I've encountered this elsewhere.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz