Re: qL and qf remote packets [Re: [Kgdb-bugreport] Re: [discuss]kgdb-x86_64-1.6 for kernel 2.4.23]

The user might (eventually). They aren't going to be notified of thread create/delete events. Also, it could leave around per-thread breakpoings no longer applicable to that thread.

I think this might be more of a problem in user land. In the kernel, first it is rare to reuse a pid, but still, if it is reused, it is expected. To help the user we also use the thread info command to insert the tasks name in the info thread command.

Ok, I'll wait for someone to notice a real problem .... :-)

Andrew