Stabs: constant string, constant boolean

Hi,

Could someone enlighten me on the support of the constant string and
constant boolean for stabs debug information.

I tried several versions of gdb (not yet 6.0), but all I get out of them
is "error type". I try to generate debug info exactly as described on
http://source.redhat.com/gdb/current/onlinedocs/stabs_3.html#SEC16

I.e. I try to add a boolean like this:

        .stabs "BOOL1:c=b0;",36,0,5,0

This results in "error type". However, if I try:

        .stabs "BOOL1:c=i0;",36,0,5,0

... gdb treats it as integer fine.

Any ideas which versions of gdb support these well?

Greetings,

Daniël Mantione

P.s. I'm not on this mailinglist, please cc to me.