Re: Could I get gdb to work with the compiler im useing to program for the pic microcontroler?

Thus spake Robert Schwebel
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 12:56:54PM -0500, Andrew Cagney wrote:
>> >Could I get gdb to work with the compiler im useing to program for
>> >the pic microcontroler?
>> >Im useing cc5x a c compiler for the pic
>> >or I could use c2c if it was easier.
>>
>> What does "pic" mean here (for me it means "Programmable Interrupt
>> Controller" but I suspect for you it means something different :-)?  The
>> likely answer is that yes it can be made to work, but yes also it will
>> be a non-trival amount of work to do this :-/.
>
> PIC is a microcontroller series from Arizona Microchip Inc.

Should be possible as long as you are sure that the debug info generated
has a corresponding reader. One would need to know the links to c55x the
compiler and c2c as well and the kind of debug info generated by default
by those compilers.

Further you would have to write the target specific implementation for the
pic. I am not aware of any gdb backend for the pic series of
microcontrollers.

cheers
Ramana

> Robert
> --
>  Dipl.-Ing. Robert Schwebel | http://www.pengutronix.de
>  Pengutronix - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry
>    Handelsregister:  Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686
>      Hornemannstraße 12,  31137 Hildesheim, Germany
>     Phone: +49-5121-28619-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-28619-4

----
Ramana Radhakrishnan
Codito Technologies