Re: [RFC] Adding %cs and %ss for AMD64 to GDB

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 11:44:29AM +0530, Amit S. Kale wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Linux kgdb indeed will not have much of a problem. I anyway have posted a gdb
> with kernel module loading feature at kgdb.sourceforge.net. It's going to
> stay there for till the time this feature makes it to official gdb. I can add
> this change also to that gdb.
>
> I guess it's time to introduce a version stamp on remote protocol. That way
> any further modifications to the protocol will not result in surprises from
> gdb-gdbserver mismatches.

Versioning the remote protocol as a whole isn't feasible, since there
are so many variations.  I've tentatively proposed a solution for the
problem of changing register sets; it's just that neither I nor anyone
else has had time to implement it :)

Mark, I agree with your assessment.  I don't think it will be a
problem.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz