RE: GDB for Multiprocessor Architecture

> CPU's can be modeled using GDB's thread framework.  However,
> at present
> the model doesn't extend as far as modeling separate memory
> regions for
> each CPU (something that needs to be fixed).

I need this feature for my model and I am ready to enhance this feature
in GDB.
However, I have some queries. GDB remote protocol does not have a field
that can tell me about the processor (thread) id. This means that can I
on-the-fly switch from one thread to another? I feel this has to be
incorporated in the protocol. Hence it will be comething like every
message actually coming with the processor id attached with it.
I plan to extend the GDB remote protocol and make changes in remote.c
file. Roghly how big this enhancemet will be?
Has anybody done work on this earlier? Where can I find some more
documents on the remote protocol. The code obviously is the best doc.

Nitin Gupta