FW: gdb error message

-----Original Message-----
From: jimb@zenia.home [mailto:jimb@zenia.home]On Behalf Of Jim Blandy
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 9:54 PM
To: Tom Kazakoff
Subject: Re: gdb error message

Hi --- you should post this question to gdb@sources.redhat.com.  There
are more people there who could answer your question.

I believe this is a cygwin-related issue; there may be some name other
than "com1" you should be using.  I don't know, though.

"Tom Kazakoff" <tomkaz@cruzio.com> writes:
> I have built gdb (6.0) as a i586-pc-cygwin x m68k-coff-bdm debugger.
> When I type: target at the gdb> prompt, one of the options is cpu32bug,
> which is the debugger my board runs at startup, and that I can talk to via
> HyperTerminal. The gdb is running under a cygwin bash shell on NT, service
> pack 6a.

  COM1 is configured via the dos "mode" commnad to
  be 8 data bits, no parity, xon/xoff (that is what cpu32bug needs),
  9600 baud, and one stop bit.