help debugging multithreaded programs

Hi all,

When trying to debug a multithreaded application written in C/C++, I observed that certain threads which get spawned, exit immediately when running the binary through gdb. I'm also not able to break in certain functions which are not accessed by the main thread. Can someone please explain me the correct way to debug a multithreaded application using gdb?

My application is compiled using gcc-3.2 and runs atop RedHat Linux 9.0.

Thanks,
-Ishan.