Re: regarding transparent data ranges (in tracepoint support)

ankit thukral <ankit_plug@yahoo.com> writes:

> hi all,
>      i read about the transparent data ranges and
> learned that data in these ranges are not supposed to
> be collected by the remote stub since they belong to
> read-only segment of the debuggee.my problem is : a
> TSTART would start the debuggee and it may so happen
> that the debuggee finishes executing.at this point,if
> the GDB requests for some data in the transparent data
> range,then how can the remote stub provide it with one
> since the debuggee has exited ?

If the target is a gdbserver, then it would need to read the bytes
from the executable file.  This is easy to do with BFD, but if I
remember right, gdbserver doesn't use BFD at the moment; not sure how
to get around that.

If the target is an embedded system, then presumably the transparent
data ranges correspond to ROM regions, so the data is still there.