From: "Ken Dyck" <Ken.Dyck@dspfactory.com>
To: <kewarken@qnx.com>; <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:22 AM
Subject: RE: [RFC] upload/download command

>Our QNX pdebug protocol supports an upload/download command.
>This is handy
>for putting binaries onto target system and getting back things like
>corefiles.

Out of curiosity, which way is up? In some circles, particularly in DSP
development, which I am most familiar with (I'm not sure if it extends
to the rest of the embedded community), the term 'download' usually
refers to pushing data down onto the target from the host machine. In
the internet world, on the other hand, the term is used to mean pulling
some data down from a remote machine onto a local host. In what sense is
the pdebug protocol using the terms?

Ken