[RFC] upload/download command

Our QNX pdebug protocol supports an upload/download command.  This is handy
for putting binaries onto target system and getting back things like
corefiles.  Andrew had wanted me to start a discussion on the subject.

I would like to keep these things in our protocol but it might be useful to
generalize the interface out to core gdb.  What I'm thinking is that I
create a general upload/download command that uses a hook into the target's
code for any special functionality.  We could have a general one for native
targets which would basically be 'copy' (probably not all that useful but
there for completeness) and just print 'not implemented' for targets which
don't define the hooks.

Any ideas, comments, suggestions, etc.?

cheers,

Kris