ARM Remote GDB 6.0

I've just given remote debugging a go with GDB 6.0 in the hope that
multi-threaded remote debugging might now work.  I still can't get it to
work.  I've configured gdb with:
configure --host=i686-linux --build=i686-linux --target=arm-linux

gdbserver has been configured with:
export CC=arm-linux-gcc
configure arm-linux

I get the following trying to run to a breakpoint on a thread called
hello_world:

GNU gdb 6.0
are
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-linux --target=arm-linux"...
Setting up the environment for debugging gdb.
.gdbinit:5: Error in sourced command file:
Function "internal_error" not defined.
(gdb) target remote diana:2345
Remote debugging using diana:2345
0x40001780 in ?? ()
(gdb) break hello_world
Breakpoint 1 at 0x85ec: file helloworld.c, line 7.
(gdb) cont
Continuing.

Program received signal SIG32, Real-time event 32.
0x400a4bfc in ?? ()

Most annoyingly of all though, when I quit gdb, gdbserver on the target
side logs me out!

Any ideas what is going on? I'm a bit worried about:
'Function "internal_error" not defined'

Thanks.

--
Chris Pedley,  Graduate Engineer
Intellectual Property Products Division

This e-mail message is intended for the addressee(s) only and may contain
information that is the property of, and/or subject to a confidentiality
agreement between the intended recipient(s), their organisation and/or the
ARM Group of Companies. If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail
message, you should not read, copy, forward or otherwise distribute or
further disclose the information in it; misuse of the contents of this
e-mail message may violate various laws in your state, country or
jurisdiction. If you have received this e-mail message in error, please
contact the originator of this e-mail message via e-mail and delete all
copies of this message from your computer or network, thank you.