Re: FW: Targeting dual Harvard architectures

On Oct 29,  1:07am, Jim Blandy wrote:

> - At the moment, make_type_with_address_space is doing two jobs ---
>   it's handling both the address space stuff, and the non-standard
>   pointer type stuff (at the moment, only s/390 'mode32' pointers).
>   You'd probably need to split that into two distinct functions, and
>   give them better names.  Not sure here.

It may also be possible to (re)implement the @code, @data mechanisms
using the address class methods.  That might be the cleanest since it
would then be possible for an architecture to do whatever it wants
with regard to adding more address spaces.  I.e. a dual Harvard
architecture could have @code, @data1, and @data2 or even more
suitable names which'd make more sense for that architecture.

Kevin