"No registers" or "No inferior to debug"?

Hello,

Ref: default.exp

At present get_selected_frame(), when there is no inferior(1), throws the error:

No registers

Except for the case where the user types:

	(gdb) info registers
	No registers

this message won't be very enlightening. For instance, a user trying to do a return when there is no process to debug would (theoretically) encounter the error:

	(gdb) return
	No registers

I'm wondering if the error message should be standardized vis:

	(gdb) info registers
	No inferior to debug
	(gdb) return
	No inferior to debug

Looking through default.exp I see plenty of alternatives vis:

	The program is not being run.
	No stack
	No frame selected
	No registers
	No frame selected

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Andrew

(1) I'm treating a core file as an inferior here (reasonable?).