debug dynamically linked modules..

Hi,

I would like to know how to debug using gdb
(set breakpoint on routine, etc.) a dynmically linked,
relocated code.

The platform is RH Linux 9.0. There is some
application
module compiled with -fPIC and -shared, and
-export-dynamic options.
A global structure containing functions is exported by
the DLL module.
The problem: I would like to set breakpoint on one
of the (file static) functions contained in this
structure.

>From mainline code after call to dlsym(..) (to the
global structure), I try to set break point, and I
get error: "Function xxx not defined.".

I do 'info shared' on gdb and do see the file being
loaded. Also I do see that "-g" option to add
debug symbols in gcc.

Is there anything I am missing ? How does one
normally use gdb in such scenario ?

Any tips, pointers/hints is appreciated.

Thanks,