Re: Tracepoint support in Cygnus GDB ?

> Right -- please contribute support for native tracepoints!

The literal interpretation of this suggestion is to go away and not come back until you've come up with an unmergable jumbo patch. For GDB, while its possible to contribute a new architecture (we've got that pretty much cleaned up), it isn't possible to simply contribute a feature like native tracepoints (we've got much work to do).

The thing to keep in mind is that GDB's development model is one of constant incremental change - fix a structure here, move a method there, oops just accidently fixed a 15 year old bug of not being able to return small structs, ...

If this is supposed to be a gripe on the fact that no significant
user-level changes were added to GDB (except, perhaps, on GNU/Linux
systems), then I, too, am worried by that.

The oposite.

Thanks to a change of emphasis away from badly integrated and incomplete jumbo patches and more towards change that improves/simplifies gdb's structural design, it's become possible to fix very very long standing bugs and enable work on those desired new features.

Andrew