This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: GDB and compiler version.
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at mvista dot com>
- To: Paul Dubuc <pdubuc at cas dot org>
- Cc: GDB Mailing List <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:39:48 -0400
- Subject: Re: GDB and compiler version.
- References: <3F74817B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 02:12:11PM -0400, Paul Dubuc wrote:
> We are using gdb with the GCC C++ compiler on Solaris. Recently we
> upgraded GCC
> from 2.95.3 to 3.3.1 and gdb from 5.0 to 5.3. We also upgraded binutils
> 2.11 to
> My question is Are there any compiler or binutils dependencies in gdb?
> gdb 5.3 compiled with g++ 3.3.1 work as well on code that is compiled with
> 2.95.3? Or do I always need to use a gdb that is built with the same
> version of
> GCC that is used to build the programs it debugs?
It should not matter.
MontaVista Software Debian GNU/Linux Developer