This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
GDB and compiler version.
- From: Paul Dubuc <pdubuc at cas dot org>
- To: GDB Mailing List <gdb at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:12:11 -0400
- Subject: GDB and compiler version.
- Organization: Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS)
We are using gdb with the GCC C++ compiler on Solaris. Recently we upgraded GCC
from 2.95.3 to 3.3.1 and gdb from 5.0 to 5.3. We also upgraded binutils 2.11 to
My question is Are there any compiler or binutils dependencies in gdb? Should
gdb 5.3 compiled with g++ 3.3.1 work as well on code that is compiled with g++
2.95.3? Or do I always need to use a gdb that is built with the same version of
GCC that is used to build the programs it debugs?
Paul M. Dubuc