This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
- From: Andrew Cagney <ac131313 at redhat dot com>
- To: dejagnu at gnu dot org
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com, Fernando Nasser <fnasser at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 17:44:27 -0400
- Subject: Print KFAIL's in dejagnu summary?
At present KFAILs are supressed from the summary output (the stuff on
the terminal from "make check"). I'd like to change this so that
KFAILs, just like FAILs, are included in the summary. A KFAIL, just
like a FAIL, indicates a bug in the system under test, and hence should
be included in the summary.
Having seen this feature in action for a year now, I think it's
reasonable to conclude that people are ignoring KFAILed tests just like
they ignored GDB's bogus XFAIL tests that went before.
This would mean that any summary output - XPASS, KFAIL, KPASS, and ERROR
would need action.
PS: Some [non] history. Neither Fernando nor I can figure out how/why
the current behavior came to be. Our best guess is that there was some
flip-flopping (the lists suggest this) and the current behavior was
chosen because it happened to be that way in the last version of the