RE: GDB/ELF/Cygwin source path problem

Michael,
thanks for your time and help.

I haven't specifically looked at the assembly files, but
I have looked at the resulting ELF file which includes the debug
info. It is the ELF file that is used by the GDB symbol reader.
And the paths are in there.

The thing was that the same ELF file gave different results
with Cygwin version 1.3.22-1 compared to the current
1.5.x-y versions available.

We are using an old GCC cross compiler, so it may be that
the resulting ELF format has changed in newer GCC versions,
but I am not so sure about that. But for various reasons
we don't want to change the compiler now.

Anyway, I just checked on Cygwin, and there has been some
changes in the stat() and dirent() internal structures when
going from 1.3.x to 1.5.x, not fstat() as I indicated. GDB
seems to be using them, but that may be a sidetrack here.

Anyway, what I wanted was to do some old fashioned debugging
with rebuilding Insight (and GDB) with some printf's inside to
see what was going on inside the symbol reader. And if anyone
knows whereabouts source file names and their paths are read,
I would appreciate a tip.

Kris